CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Comic Previews


Wednesday is almost upon us. Here are the books I feel are worth your money.
DC Universe Last Will and Testament #1 (bottom) and Wolverine #68(top) stand out as this week's heavy hitters. 
Last Will and Testament is a one-shot that deals with the death of the DC Universe. That is basically everything known about the book, and yet I'm still psyched for it. Brad Meltzer proved he could write characters true to form in the aftermath of tragedy with Identity Crisis, his first excellent foray into comics. I have faith that he'll manage to do the same thing here, perhaps on a grander scale.
Wolverine #68 continues the "Old Man Logan" story arc. When I heard Mark Millar was doing a post-apocalyptic Wolverine story I was more than a little skeptical. When I heard the arc would feature a drug dealing Hawkeye, a hillbilly Hulk gang, and Spider-Man's illegitimate granddaughter; my anticipation went through the roof. Mark Millar has a knack for writing the disturbingly awesome and Steve McNiven's gorgeous art alone would warrant a purchase. Hopefully the quality of the book won't drop as the eight issue arc continues.

0 comments: